私の話 || Matt Keoshkerian's Blog

Friday, April 07, 2006

Victory Fanfare!

Tomorrow is my Econ 102 Exam.
And I think I'm going to do something very Japanese. Before the exam, I'm going to go grab some katsudon (カツ丼, which is fried pork with onions on a bowl of rice) before my exam. Japanese students (I think it's mostly men, though) eat katsudon before their exams because the "katsu" part of the word sounds like the verb "katsu" (勝つ), which pretty much means "to be victorious" and it supposedly brings good luck.
So, this being my only test I'll probably ever write in Japan, I might as well go ahead and follow in the ways of the Japanese :P

After the exam I'm going to do something very final fantasy-type nerdy. And that's play the Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare (which i have on my cellphone)... Fun times :)

----------------
明日、私は経済学試験する。試験の前に、カツ丼を食べます!多分、開運がもらうね?
試験の後で、ファイナルファンタジーの「勝利ファンフェーア」を再生する。楽しみな?

また、今日の日本語のクラスにホワイトボードで以下のメッセージを書いた
「明日、経済学試験があるから、勉強しなければならない。けど、この漢字を習った。困る!!!!」
w