私の話 || Matt Keoshkerian's Blog

Monday, March 13, 2006

火曜日のか?!やばい!![Oh crap! It's Tuesday!]

So... today I was doing some Japanese practice like I do everyday at lunch.
And then I noticed people from my group had their laptops in arms and were leaving their desks.
It was then it dawned on me today was Tuesday and I had my weekly presentation to make. One of those“what did I do last week and what will I do next week” type of presentations.
Well... I had all of 5 minutes to get a presentation together to present in front of my group.
Luckily it was a bit of a copy and paste job, but the making stuff up in Japanese on-the-fly in the meeting was interesting. I didn’t quite have the opportunity to say what it was I wanted to say, but I did manage to get the point across apparently! It's so much harder to "BS" your way through things in a language you can't speak all that well.
All I can say is it’s a good thing I was practicing Kanji right before this though, because a few words I used in the presentation I just learned 30 minutes ago! Haha.