私の話 || Matt Keoshkerian's Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Japanese Dinner


Japanese Dinner
Originally uploaded by mkeoshkerian.
Well, I decided today I was going to make myself a half decent dinner. And it turned out pretty darn good! :D
And believe it or not, but that picture was taken at my place, not a restaurant ;)

Today was pretty cool. I had a voice chat with my aunt and uncle back in Canada... now that I finally have my high-speed internet so It works :P
I WAS planning on going to Karuizawa to spend the afternoon, but the train scedule didn't work out. So instead, I decided today I was going to make an awesome dinner! I started off by going to the grocery and houshold stuff stores. Went and got myself a Soba plate, Japanese teacup, Green tea, Soba-soup cup, and some random groceries.
Now I went to an interesting store (where I got the teacups and tea) where it was kind of like a kitchen-home store aptly called "Home Bazaar". It was like a Japanese specialty store (except that here its not so much a specialty as it is an everywhere thing ;). So it was pretty neat.
So yea, got my things and headed back. Boiled up the soba, microwaved the shuu-mai (not the most Japanese of foods.. but I have yet to find a good heat-up tempura! haha), boiled some water for the tea, and yadda yadda.
Turned out pretty darn good! I'm impressed with myself. I give this meal a 10/10 based on whatever else I've made so far :P

Tea Notes: A very nice green tea, with sakura leaves. 10 packages for ~$3 Canadian. Not bad :D
Better make a note to take 20 boxes home with me ;)