NASA J-Pass and the SuitSat
This morning I got an e-mail from NASA Science News (registration for the e-mail available on that site) regarding a new type of Satellite they are testing. This Satellite... is an old Russian Space Suit!
The SuitSat is an experiment to see just how well the SuitSat would work as a Satellite, to see if it would overheat due to direct sunlight, and to see just how well it can transmit.
Pretty neat stuff!
The full story can be found here
Anyway, while reading the article, I stumbled upon this cool applet, J-Pass, that shows you where satellites will be located relative to major celestial bodies based on your location!
Maybe if I get my hands on an FM tuner that can tune to FM 145.9900MHz I could look out for the SuitSat ;)
The SuitSat is an experiment to see just how well the SuitSat would work as a Satellite, to see if it would overheat due to direct sunlight, and to see just how well it can transmit.
Pretty neat stuff!
The full story can be found here
Anyway, while reading the article, I stumbled upon this cool applet, J-Pass, that shows you where satellites will be located relative to major celestial bodies based on your location!
Maybe if I get my hands on an FM tuner that can tune to FM 145.9900MHz I could look out for the SuitSat ;)

