The Amazing Internet Race
Man, it really sucks living in a Ricefield town... Even more so living in a remote area of the ricefield town.
For those of you that don’t know... I’ve had to live with an ISDN internet shared with potentially 20 people at a time (actual load is impossible to gauge, because I don’t keep track of who is on and when). Well, the solution to that should have been getting DSL, however that didn’t help at all. In fact, the DSL was just a slow as the ISDN most of the time, and the other times the router didn’t work at all... I don’t get why the router didn’t work, it’s as if the person who maintained it didn’t know how to turn on a computer.
Anyway, I think I FINALLY have the answer to all my internet woes! I’m signing up for Cable internet and splitting the cost (and the internet, obviously) three ways. Apparently, Cable internet here is a lot better than DSL is, plus we are right at the border of service range for DSL.
If Cable isn’t fast, then I will cry... because I would have just spent $100 installing the thing... and I’ll be doomed to slow internet for another 8 months.
Why not just get fibre optic? I am in Japan after all!
Read my first two sentences again.
For those of you that don’t know... I’ve had to live with an ISDN internet shared with potentially 20 people at a time (actual load is impossible to gauge, because I don’t keep track of who is on and when). Well, the solution to that should have been getting DSL, however that didn’t help at all. In fact, the DSL was just a slow as the ISDN most of the time, and the other times the router didn’t work at all... I don’t get why the router didn’t work, it’s as if the person who maintained it didn’t know how to turn on a computer.
Anyway, I think I FINALLY have the answer to all my internet woes! I’m signing up for Cable internet and splitting the cost (and the internet, obviously) three ways. Apparently, Cable internet here is a lot better than DSL is, plus we are right at the border of service range for DSL.
If Cable isn’t fast, then I will cry... because I would have just spent $100 installing the thing... and I’ll be doomed to slow internet for another 8 months.
Why not just get fibre optic? I am in Japan after all!
Read my first two sentences again.

