私の話 || Matt Keoshkerian's Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back in Japan/また日本に来ました

After two weeks visiting Canada, I have returned to Japan!
I must admit, going home and leaving is harder than just leaving once... I miss home, friends, and class :/

Anyway, I was lucky to even make it to Ueda my first night back!
Thanks to 3.5 hours of delays, I arrived in Narita Airport at 8pm instead of the scheduled 5pm. Luckily, I was eligible to stand in the line with Japanese citizens to get past immigration, my bag was one of the first out onto the belt, and there was no line at customs. Getting from the plane to the exit took me no more than 20 minutes! But here is where luck vanishes, because the next train heading to Tokyo downtown (Keisei Skyliner[京成スカイライナー]) comes at 9:02PM. Well, I got out around 8:40 so 22 minutes to walk down a flight of stairs... it's all good, right?
Wrong!
See, the whole ride takes about 60 minutes from Narita Airport to Keisei Ueno. I arrived at Keisei Ueno station at 10:02PM, which left me with all of 8 minutes to get from the train in Keisei Ueno to the last Shinkansen (bullet train) in Ueno station bound for Ueda. (Which normally takes 15-20 minutes)
I had to run up escalators, dash across red lights, run through a mall, purchase tickets, run down three flights of escalators, and enter the train all with a heavy suitcase. By the time I made it down to the 3rd basement floor, I couldn't even walk properly and my suitcase being off balance wasn't helping either... I literally dove in the train doors to make sure I catch this train! Luckily I did make it, and made it home safely albeit very late.
This wasn't the end of the troubles, though.
Thanks to two weeks of inactivity, my heater would not work at all. I had to sleep in a very cold room, fully clothed, with covers over my head.

Anyway, now all is well... I'm finally getting decent sleep, and all is warm and comfy in the apartment!
More to come later!

(Sorry, this post is way too long and complicated for me to want to attempt and translate it this time around :P)
-----------------------------
ごめんなさい。このブロブポーストはとても長いとふくざつです。そして、翻訳がありません。