19 get!
As of sometime centered around January 29th, 2006 10:30pm EST, I officially completed my 19th revolution around the sun. Go me!
Yes, I am now 19 years old!
I had a decently busy weekend, filled with eating out and going places and doing things.
On Friday, I went out to dinner with my coworkers. We went to a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, and it was pretty good.
We had Yakiniku (which means grilled meat. I think it was Beef, but I'm not sure :P), Shabushabu (which is also meat, but cooked in boiling water), and sashimi.
One of the sashimi I had was cuttlefish, which is like a mini squid. It was good, but had a really weird texture. haha
Towards the end of dinner, my coworkers surprised me with a nifty birthday present! It's a book on the art of a famous Japanese painter, Horisae.
On Saturday, I went out with the coworkers again for lunch. We went to a sushi place where it comes around on a conveyor belt. Once again, good stuff! After sushi, we went to the cable company headquarters and put in my application for cable internet. Construction day is soon and activation is immediately after! Yay! Finally I get decent internet! haha!
Sunday was my actual birthday, although I didn't really do anything. Slept in, grabbed some dinner, wached TV and went to bed... Good times, although Japanese TV is really really weird.
Oh yes, and I did end up buying a birthday present with some of the money I got around christmas time...
Behold my new PSP in all its shiny glory!
And on a final note, I'll be in Yokohama next weekend and I booked a hotel room at a Ryokan (Japanese-style hotel). The great thing is, its pretty cheap and close to the Keihin-Tohoku line, which runs right into Yokohama and Tokyo stations!
Yes, I am now 19 years old!
I had a decently busy weekend, filled with eating out and going places and doing things.
On Friday, I went out to dinner with my coworkers. We went to a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, and it was pretty good.
We had Yakiniku (which means grilled meat. I think it was Beef, but I'm not sure :P), Shabushabu (which is also meat, but cooked in boiling water), and sashimi.
One of the sashimi I had was cuttlefish, which is like a mini squid. It was good, but had a really weird texture. haha
Towards the end of dinner, my coworkers surprised me with a nifty birthday present! It's a book on the art of a famous Japanese painter, Horisae.
On Saturday, I went out with the coworkers again for lunch. We went to a sushi place where it comes around on a conveyor belt. Once again, good stuff! After sushi, we went to the cable company headquarters and put in my application for cable internet. Construction day is soon and activation is immediately after! Yay! Finally I get decent internet! haha!
Sunday was my actual birthday, although I didn't really do anything. Slept in, grabbed some dinner, wached TV and went to bed... Good times, although Japanese TV is really really weird.
Oh yes, and I did end up buying a birthday present with some of the money I got around christmas time...
Behold my new PSP in all its shiny glory!
And on a final note, I'll be in Yokohama next weekend and I booked a hotel room at a Ryokan (Japanese-style hotel). The great thing is, its pretty cheap and close to the Keihin-Tohoku line, which runs right into Yokohama and Tokyo stations!





