Canadian Dollar vs. Japanese Yen
A little off topic, but the Windows Vista Beta is finally out and I’m totally excited!
So I went onto Microsoft’s website to download the beta, but due to “overwhelming demand” I can’t access the download.
Anyway, so I look at DVD shipment fees. First I look at Japanese fees, and I see that shipping the DVDs to any address in Japan will cost approx. 1180JPY, which is about $11.80 Canadian. I go in my head “not too bad… seems like a fair price”.
And then I look at the Canadian shipping fee… when I see that it costs $7, I think “wow! That’s so expensive… wait a second”.
For some reason or another, I think 1000yen is fair, but when I see numbers in terms of dollars its completely different. I guess this explains why I find it so easy to hand over a 10,000JPY ($100CDN) bill to a convenience store clerk for a 100yen ($1CDN) drink. It’s just so much easier to spend when you see prices in Yen!
In other news, I think I won a stuffed team japan panda from a contest! Wooo.

