私の話 || Matt Keoshkerian's Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Canadian Politics!

Anyone not living under a rock knows the Canadian Prime Minister has called for elections to be held in January. Heck, it was so big it was even on the news here in Japan!
Anyway, I have finally reached the legal age to vote, and I'm already signed up to vote remotely (well, I should confirm that with the embassy).
So, now to decide who I want to run my country, Liar A, B, or C...
Anyway, I need to find some way of getting the debates and other promotional propoaganda that the parties like to publish so I can decide which is the lesser of three evils :P
I think the minority government ended up being a good thing, because it kept the goverment in line and had a mash of all four parties platforms together, which ended up proving to create a better Canada. Of course Harper had to go and play the role of a dirty politican and get no-confidience vote in. Too funny.

Speaking of politics, It's interesting to note how the politics of real life are so closely similar ot politics found within Online Gaming Communities. Just as real, and just as dangerous. People tend to want their leaders to be accountable, but when they aren't all hell breaks loose.