Party in Ueda!
Well today I had a decently fun night. Alesh, Wes, and I went to downtown Ueda for a birthday party of a friend who we met in a super market, and our Japanese teacher.
First off, our Japanese teacher has the biggest monopoly in Ueda. She teaches ALL the foreigners. I'm serious, every single foreigner in the Ueda or Nagano city area is taught by her. Heck, she's been teaching Waterloo students (who go to Ueda) for 10 years now. It was funny when I told her I took a course before and she went "Oh, Maruoka-sensei?".
But the party was a lot of fun. Had some food, and everyone drank while I had water... Water rocks!
The restaurant was pretty nice too, it was a small place in an alley, wasn't too big, but it was nice.
And finally, a picture of me (now stop bugging me to post one >.>)
In the picture, sitting down (from left to right) is Alesh, Me(wearing my Waterloo jacket, of course), and Wes. Third person from the left standing up is a UofT Computer Engineering student working for Seiko Epson, the third (in the yellow sweater, next to the UoT guy) is our Japanese teacher, and the fourth guy standing up (in the green) is Mike (the guy we met in the super market)... And the rest are just other people we met tonight!
So yea, definitely having a lot of fun here in Japan!
First off, our Japanese teacher has the biggest monopoly in Ueda. She teaches ALL the foreigners. I'm serious, every single foreigner in the Ueda or Nagano city area is taught by her. Heck, she's been teaching Waterloo students (who go to Ueda) for 10 years now. It was funny when I told her I took a course before and she went "Oh, Maruoka-sensei?".
But the party was a lot of fun. Had some food, and everyone drank while I had water... Water rocks!
The restaurant was pretty nice too, it was a small place in an alley, wasn't too big, but it was nice.
And finally, a picture of me (now stop bugging me to post one >.>)
In the picture, sitting down (from left to right) is Alesh, Me(wearing my Waterloo jacket, of course), and Wes. Third person from the left standing up is a UofT Computer Engineering student working for Seiko Epson, the third (in the yellow sweater, next to the UoT guy) is our Japanese teacher, and the fourth guy standing up (in the green) is Mike (the guy we met in the super market)... And the rest are just other people we met tonight!
So yea, definitely having a lot of fun here in Japan!


